Ajay grew his first business, JangoMail, for 10 years before selling it to a private equity firm. This time around, he is still looking for an exit, but also wants to leave an impact on the software and digital marketing when all is said and done. And 3 years in he is well on his way with a 7-figure ARR and 10s of 1000s of users.
In our chat, we dive into what it’s been like building GMass to this point without hiring any W2 employees, why he has taken this approach, and how his strategy will evolve going forward.
- Company background
- What exactly is GMass and what does the business look like now?
- Do you have any full-time employees?
- What has lead to this focus exclusively on contractors?
- Do you see a situation where you would hire a W2 employee?
- Founder’s lessons
- How would you describe your role today?
- How do you prioritize what needs to get done?
- What have been your drivers of growth so far?
- What have you learned trying to scale up your spend on growth?
- How does SearchMyEmail fit in?
- “Rapid Fire” questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- “Topgrading” interview methodology
- Indie Hackers Podcast with Julian Shapiro
Where to learn more:
To hear more from Ajay, you can follow him on Twitter or tune into the show to get his email address