Today, I’m talking with Chris Ronzio, the Founder and CEO at Trainual, a B2B SaaS startup that makes it easier than ever to onboard, train, and scale knowledge for growth.
I first heard about Chris on The SaaS Podcast with Omer Khan and was blown away after hearing that Chris and his team scaled Trainual from zero to $2 million ARR in just 18 months using Facebook ads.
The allure of paid advertising is obvious—put a dollar in and get two or more back.
If only it was that simple.
We know how hard it is because of how many horror stories there are out there about failed attempts. Most of us have moved past the old “Facebook ads are dead” cliche, but what’s replaced it isn’t much better—”Facebook ads don’t work for B2B” or “Facebook ads don’t work for my business.”
I wanted Chris to come on the show so we could dig into what he did differently to make ads work and how other founders, especially B2B SaaS founders, can do the same.
The success Chris and his team had was no mistake and in this episode you’ll learn exactly what he did.
- Company background
- What exactly is Trainual and what does the business look like today?
- PPC lessons
- How has your PPC strategy evolved since you launched your first ads?
- Did you make any mistakes along the way?
- How do you book celebrities for videos?
- Who else do you think does ads well?
- Do you have any mentors or coaches?
- What has been the hardest part of building the business for you personally?
- What does success look like to you?
- “Rapid Fire” questions
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Trainual’s 3-step training methodology
- Chris’s interview on The SaaS Podcast
- Design Pickle
- Entrepreneur’s Organization (EO)
- Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC)
- Dan Martell’s SaaS Academy
- Clate Mask (CEO of Infusionsoft)