Dodd is somebody I first bumped into at Patrick Campbell’s conference, SaaS Fest (now Recur), a few years back and I’ve been following his story since. He and his small team have built a multi-million dollar a year SaaS business completely bootstrapped and they’ve done so while avoiding the spotlight and remaining humble.
In our chat, we dive into what it’s been like building MoonClerk to millions in ARR and more than 6,000 customers all while running a lean operation, maintaining his sanity, and still finding time for the causes that matter most to him.
Dodd has a refreshingly grounded take on entrepreneurship that everybody can get a lot out of.
- Background leading up to today
- Founder’s Lessons
- Where do you personally add the most value to the business?
- What is one position you wished you hired for earlier?
- How do you balance your MoonClerk and Rice Bowls?
- What has been the hardest part of running these enterprises for you personally?
- What do you do when you feel overwhelmed ?
- What has changed about you since launching your business?
- “Rapid Fire” Questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- Ryan Wood (Co-Founder and CTO)
- Paul Graham’s Maker’s Schedule, Manager’s Schedule
- Book of Ecclesiastes
- War and Peace