Today, I’m talking with Henry Poydar, the founder and CEO of Status Hero, a SaaS startup designed to sync up your team, unearth obstacles, inform stakeholders, and cut through all of the noise. It’s a tool used today in small startups as well as bigger companies like Adobe, Comcast, and Nike.
Henry was one of the very first guests I had on the podcast more than two years back and when I started rethinking the direction I wanted to take the show in, I knew I wanted him to be one of the very first guests this time around as well.
I’ve always seen Henry as somebody who is deliberate about how he uses his time and whenever we’ve talked I’ve always been impressed by the way he has built and structured Status Hero.
In our chat, we dive into how Henry has capitalized on his unique advantages, how he has built Status Hero on his own terms, and how you can apply these same lessons in your business.
Henry admits that he still has a lot he needs to figure out but he is a few steps ahead, at least of me, on building the sort of business a lot of us ultimately want. Whenever I’m able to pick the brain of somebody like that, I always walk away with a new perspective on things and this conversation was no different.
- Background leading up to today
- Founder’s Lessons
- Where do you personally add the most value to the business?
- What is something that today you really shouldn’t be doing anymore?
- How do you prioritize what needs to be done?
- How do you make sure those things actually get done?
- What has been the hardest part of building Status Hero for you personally?
- What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?
- What has changed about you since launching your business?
- What new challenges are you preparing for as a founder?
- Tying it together
- “Rapid Fire” Questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Pivotal Tracker
- The 5 Whys
- Things Don’t Have to be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Atomic Habits by James Clear