Today, I’m talking with John Kutcher, the Founder of DICORP and most recently DICORP Equity Partners where he and his team partner with and acquire small and mid-sized software businesses, providing resources and expertise to accelerate growth and enhance operating performance.
John launched DICORP in 1985 and in the years since grew the business organically and through acquisition, eventually leading to an acquisition of his own in 2019.
After the sale, John started DICORP Equity Partners and they recently launched a program they’re calling “Win Now” which offers immediate funding opportunities for the companies who apply and are accepted.
This is a program I think many of you will be interested in and applications for the first round of Win Now end on May 31st, so I wanted to get this episode out ASAP so you have a chance to apply.
Beyond the new program, we dive into what was like building DICORP over the last 35 years and how those lessons have shaped the vision for DICORP Equity Partners.
I love talking acquisitions, everything from the deal itself to what happens after the close, and John’s incredible depth of experience made for a great conversation.
- Company background
- What was your goal when you launched DICORP 1985?
- Can you tell us about your early acquisitions of Tri Analytics, Cales, and NAV?
- Can you talk about the sale with ESO in 2019?
- How did DEQ come about?
- Win Now
- What is the “Win Now” program?
- What sort of company is the right fit for the program?
- How can founders apply?
- What does success look like to you?
- Where can listeners go to learn more?