I’ve been following Jordan’s story for years through Bootstrapped Web, the podcast he co-hosts with Brian Casel. It’s been amazing watching him build CartHook from the sidelines and today I’m excited to have a more active role in things.
In our chat, we learn what it’s been like building his business to a team of 24 (and counting), everything from his successes to his failures and how these lessons can help make you a better founder.
Jordan is trying to build something big with CartHook and has approached it all very deliberately, so it was super interesting hearing how he approaches that, like how he balances growth and profitability and how he keeps leveling up the skills of his team and of himself.
There were a lot of lessons from this chat that I’ve immediately applied to my own business, so I’m sure you’ll get a lot out of it as well.
- Background leading up to today
- What exactly is CartHook and how did it come about?
- What does your business look like now?
- How would you describe your role today?
- Hiring and Growth
- What is one position you wished you hired for earlier?
- Balancing profitability vs growth
- How do you use coaches to level up your team?
- What advice do you wish you could give yourself when you started CartHook?
- Where can listeners go to learn more?