Josh started the business a little more than 4 years ago and with no funding has built a profitable business approaching the $1mm ARR mark with a team of 12 people.
Everybody talks about how challenging it is to hire and while it hasn’t necessarily been easy for Josh, his approach to the problem has allowed him to expand his team in all areas with relatively few mistakes.
In our chat we walk through what needs to happen before Josh thinks about hiring, how he onboards and manages new employees, and how he and his team approach goals and planning to keep Referral Rock growing.
Josh has an amazing grasp on how to build effective systems that keep things on track while staying out of the way and these are lessons every founder can benefit from.
- Background leading up to today
- What exactly is Referral Rock and how did it come about?
- What does your business look like now?
- How would you describe your role today?
- Founder’s lessons: Hiring
- What have been your challenges with hiring?
- How did you improve your management and leadership skills?
- What does your hiring and onboarding process look like today?
- What has been the hardest part of building this business for you personally?
- How do you deal with it?
- “Rapid Fire” questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?