As you know, hiring is one of the hardest jobs a founder has. Sure, posting to a job board and finding somebody that checks the boxes isn’t complicated, but finding and attracting the right person for your team is anything but easy.
Not only that, but once you’ve found that person, it’s then on you to get them up to speed effectively. And frankly, this is a place where most early-stage startups are completely dropping the ball. Even at later-stage companies, this crucial part of the process isn’t paid enough attention to.
In our chat, Kristen dives into the pains of onboarding and how companies of any size can build an effective onboarding program.
If you’re hiring 10 employees a month, you need something dramatically different than somebody making 1 or 2 hires a year, but you both need a plan and Kristen lays out how to build one that’s right for you.
This episode is filled with actionable onboarding advice, but as she prepares for a sabbatical she’s done a lot of reflecting and we get into some of her own challenges as a founder, so this episode really covers all the bases.
- Background leading up to today
- What exactly is Edify and how did it come about?
- What does your business look like today?
- Founder’s lessons
- What’s wrong with how most startups are onboarding new employees?
- What goes into an effective onboarding program?
- How is a plan like this actually implemented?
- What has been the hardest part of building the business for you personally?
- What has changed about you since launching your business?
- Outside of work, what is something you’re currently trying to improve at or learn?
How’d you get into that?
- Where can listeners go to learn more?