Today, I’m talking with Laura Roeder, the Founder and CEO of MeetEdgar, a social media automation solution that helps over 7,000 customers catalog and schedule their social posts and updates.
Since their launch in June 2014, their team has grown from 2 to nearly 30 people today, and are doing more than $300,000 in monthly recurring revenue — bootstrapped the entire way.
In our chat, we’re going to dive into how Laura has achieved this amazing growth with a completely remote workforce, everything from how she structures her team to her management philosophy.
Regardless of the size of your business today, if you’re committed to growing with a remote team, then this is the episode for you.
- Background leading up to today
- What is MeetEdgar?
- What does your company look like today?
- Building and managing a remote team
- Why remote?
- How is your team structured?
- Working hours, collaboration, compensation (perks), etc.
- Was it this way from the beginning?
- What does your team’s management process look like?
- What are your responsibilities?
- Challenges going forward
- What challenges with remote work are you trying to manage better?
- Parting advice for founders
- What advice do you wish somebody gave you when you got started building the team at MeetEdgar?