Today, I’m talking with Matt Wensing, the Founder and Chief Strategist at Riskpulse, a supply chain risk analytics company that helps its clients and their partners increase the predictability and stability of their financial and physical operations globally.
His most recent project is SimSaaS, a growth forecasting tool for startups and investors.
Throughout all my research on alternative funding models, I kept running into these incredibly thorough Medium posts and every single one was written by Matt. When I decided to dive into the topic more on this show, I knew that I had to get him on.
In our chat, we’re going to dive into his 12-year journey building Riskpulse, how the idea for SimSaaS came about, and how it helps bring an objective lens to the discussion of startup financing.
Matt’s passion for not just the topic but also for teaching and helping startups in general clearly shows in this interview and if you’re looking for an unbiased take on how to evaluate the different options out there, then this is it.
- Background leading up to today
- Alternative Funding
- What drives your interest in alternative funding methods?
- How can SimSaaS help founders make better decisions with today’s options?
- What are the options today for a larger one-time round?
- What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?
- What has changed about you since launching your business?
- “Rapid Fire” Questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- Paul Singh, 500 Startups
- Bryce Roberts of Indie.vc
- Tom Tongusz of Redpoint
- Jason Cohen
- Lighter Capital
- Bigfoot Capital
- Earnest Capital