Matt was on the podcast about a year ago when he was first launching Summit, then called SimSaaS, and we talked about alternative financing options for startups.
In our chat today, we talk about the value of forecasting and how to do it right (regardless of the stage of your business) and we also dig into navigating product decisions and how to know if what a customer is asking for is really what they want.
Even though Matt and I serve completely different markets, our core products have a lot of similarities so this was a fun chat for me and I think you’ll get a lot out of it as well.
- Company background
- What exactly is Summit and what does the business look like today?
- How has your positioning evolved?
- Founder’s lessons
- How do you prioritize where you spend your time as a solo founder?
- On the product, how do you decide what to work on next?
- Solving specific product “problems”
- “Rapid Fire” questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- Shape Up: Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters
- Business of Software
- Mozart’s Coffee (Austin, TX)