Today, on The Early-Stage Founder Show, I’m talking with Peter Coppinger, the Co-Founder and CEO of Teamwork, a self-funded SaaS startup that aims to be the operating system for your business and is currently doing well into the eight-figures in ARR with more than 200 employees.
A few years back, Peter gave a talk called, “From Happy Consultant Developer to Unhappy Product CEO” where he detailed how he built a SaaS startup out of his agency and scaled it up to a team of 70 people.
The talk was incredibly transparent and one you shouldn’t miss, but in today’s chat, I catch up with Peter on what has happened since then and how things have changed on his journey to 200 employees and beyond.
From the highs to the lows, Pete once again shares it all and no matter where you’re at in your own startup journey, this is an interview you don’t want to miss.
Subscribe on iTunes
- Background leading up to today
- What is Teamwork and how did it come about?
- Reluctant CEO
- Of the challenges you overcame getting to today, was there one in particular that stood out?
- What changed as you went from 70 employees to 200?
- What does the future look like for Teamwork?
- What will you need to do to get there?
- Tying it together
- What advice do you wish you could give yourself as you walked off the BoS stage 2 years ago?
Where can listeners go to learn more?
- Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Scaling Up by Verne Harnish
- Jason Lemkin
- Brian Halligan
Where to learn more:
All listeners of this interview should check out Peter’s original talk, From Happy Consultant Developer to Unhappy Product CEO, but to hear more from Peter you can also follow him on Twitter or see what he is up to at Teamwork.com.