We mention Len Markidan in the show, a mutual friend of ours who was my boss at Groove and is now the CMO of Podia. When he joined the team a couple years ago, I started digging into their story more and after seeing they’re incredible trajectory, I knew I had to get Spencer on the show.
In our chat, we dive into what it’s been like scaling Podia to a team of 20, when to add more process to the business, and how the role as CEO evolves as your team grows.
Spencer is a 4-time founder and has been an entrepreneur his entire life. He’d tell you that he hasn’t seen it all, but I can say he’s seen enough to share some valuable lessons you won’t want to miss.
- Company background
- What exactly is Podia and what does the business look like now?
- The evolving role of CEO
- How would you describe your role today?
- When did you need to bring managers into the equation?
- What was the breaking point?
- What were your first steps?
- What makes a great manager?
- How did you find the current managers?
- How do you stay on top of things without getting too deep into the weeds?
- What has been the hardest part of building the business for you personally?
- Beyond Podia’s mission, what does success look like to you?
- “Rapid Fire” questions
- Where can listeners go to learn more?
- What to expect when your team grows from 10 to 20 people by Spencer Fry
- Starla Sireno
- Len Markidan on Building a $5mm+ ARR Startup with Content Marketing