Having successfully navigated six recessions as an entrepreneur, Stephen knows a company’s in trouble before the owner and has developed a framework for managing cash flow through times of chaos.
For my company, SaberSim, revenue went to $0 for 4 months and while we’ve come out of it stronger than before, I cannot tell you how much I wish I had Stephen’s framework at the start of this.
As founders and CEOs, it’s our job to make sure there is enough cash in the bank for the business to stay alive and that’s been an incredible challenge with everything going on in the world.
In our chat, Stephen breaks down the 5 steps to take during a crisis—but COVID aside, managing cash flow is never easy and Stephen’s advice today applies in times good and bad.
- Company background
- What exactly is GrowthForce and what does the business look like today?
- You have a background in software and raising money, can you share a bit of that background?
- The 5 steps to take during a crisis
- Get the right mindset
- Be vigilant about cash flow
- Cut ‘below the line’ costs now
- Review ‘above the line’ people
- Play offense
- What does success look like to you?
- Where can listeners go to learn more?